[Neo-users] Storage question

Vincent Pelletier vincent at nexedi.com
Thu Jul 21 12:14:41 CEST 2011

Le jeudi 21 juillet 2011 07:26:06, Jurand Nogiec a écrit :
> Is there a way to have neoppod use for instance a FileStorage (and not
> just Storage) mode so that it may be compatible with our current large
> flat database file?

Through NEO, no.
Of course, mixing DataFS storage types is possible through ZODB mountpoints,
but this is probably not what you want.

> Alternately, is there some sort of migration tool that may convert our
> current Data.fs into the MySQL stored object format used by NEO?

There is a migration script: neomigrate, which can copy data to/from a
FileStorage from/to a NEO storage:
  neomigrate -s Data.fs -d "master_ip_1 master_ip_2 ..." -c "neo cluster name"

One word of warning though: it's slow. We hadn't time to improve it yet
(implementing the "restore" Storage API, parallel import...). For reference,
you can see the "Matrix" test report, which generates a FileStorage and
imports it in NEO with various setups: speed is still under 1MB/s on test
machine:
  http://mail.tiolive.com/pipermail/neo-report/20110624/003477.html
Numbers are in kB/s, S = number of storage nodes, R = number of replicates.
Import is done by a single process.
Your mileage might vary, and we would be happy to get your feedback.

--
Vincent Pelletier