[Erp5-users] erp5 Installation - https / ssl & other problems

Robert Jenkins raj at jrw.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 13:49:31 CET 2012

Hi,

I now appear to have an erp5 install complete and the service configured,
according to vifib.net

The service page shows a couple of ipv4 urls for services, plus an ipv6 ssl
site_url presumably for access to erp5 or zope.

The problem is that the ipv6 url does not appear to have a security
certificate - trying to access it via firefox gives a certificate error
which cannot be overridden, as it says there is no certificate that it can
download - or at least does nothing when trying to d/l the certificate.

Looking through the docs, I realise the default xml file given when
requesting an instance does not have the certificate info shown in some
screenshots. I've updated that to include appropriate info and let the
system idle for a while to pick up the update.

No change, so rebooted and left for a while again - still no change.

I've now requested another instance of erp5, with the correct info in the
certificate fields from the start.

After a few mins, that is showing available.

Trying to access it gives the same error as above.

Going back to the first instance, firefox now gives a different error - it
says the certificate has the same serial number as another, and won't allow
me to do anything further.

Any ideas?

When I first registered on vifib.net, I misread the info and tried to start
a service before the software was installed.

That was  Vifib - slapos-031

Now understanding a bit more of the system, I've tried to install that
package so the service install can complete.

It has given multiple errors while building, as several of the source
packages no longer exist at the original URLs.

I've managed to work around most of these by finding & locally mirrorring
the appropriate packages (with a tempory line of /etc/hosts for the original
server).

I'm stuck with the latest error, as rather than a missing file all attempts
show as blocked by -allow-hosts, so there in no server to substitute.

It appears that particular package (slapos-031) is long defunct, but I
cannot see any way on vifib.net of cancelling the installation? It just
re-runs locally every five mins and bombs out in the same manner.

Re. previous question on connectivity / firewalling;

What ports need to be open for full connectivity, making a slapos/slapgrid
machine available to the rest of the cloud?

Regards,

Robert.