[Erp5-users] Tripping on first steps in ERP5

Joris van de Berg jvjvandeberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:20:36 CET 2011

2011/3/1  <jp at nexedi.com>:

> To install ERP5, you have 2 options. One is to use RPMs/Deb as provided here:
>
> http://www.erp5.com/download/linux
>
> This will give you a 5.4.6 installation, which is good enough to start learning.

I am kind of confused.  I set up an Ubuntu 10.04 machine and installed
the tiolive-application package as per the instructions on
http://www.erp5.com/download/linux.

These instructions refer to https://www.tiolive.com/grid/help. At
first, I only installed the tiolive-application (step 1), but didn't
"register" and "deliver" (whatever that may be) (steps 2 and 3) on
tiolive.com, because I want my ERP5 instance to run locally.

But then I couldn't find a way to start ERP5 (nor Zope).  Remember, I
am new at this.  Then, as a last resort, I did "register" and
"deliver".  And now, to my surprise, my browser is showing
http://127.0.0.1:57005/erp5/.  So this is my local installation after
all?

I guess I need to find out what tiolive really is about.  In the last
couple of weeks when trying to build and install ERP5 using the
instructions on raskon.org, tiolive never came into play.

But what does the line "The second option is to control everything
manually, so you don't depend on TioLive Grid. Here are the
instructions to be capable of delivering new instances manually." on
http://www.erp5.com/download/linux mean?  What are those instructions?

Thanks in advance for your help, from a confused wannabe user of ERP5,