[Erp5-users] Installation on ubuntu

jp at nexedi.com jp at nexedi.com
Tue Jan 4 12:02:38 CET 2011

Hi,

If you need up to date training material, please use:
   http://www.osoe-project.org/lesson
(and contribute).

For the installation process, the official buildout (http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/trunk/buildout/) contains many dependencies which are required to run a system and which are not part of other installation procedures. I thus can not recommend using other installation procedures, although other installation procedures might look simpler at first.

The official buildout can generate RPMs and DEBs for an increasing number of distributions (Debian Ubuntu, Centos, Mandriva, SuSe, etc.). TioLive Grid packages are generated this way (https://www.tiolive.com/grid/help). If you wish to help, please contribute to the official buildout by increasing  for example the number of automated tests or the number of supported distributions.

Regards,

JP Smets - Nexedi CEO
ERP5 Project leader