[Erp5-users] Installation on ubuntu

jp at nexedi.com jp at nexedi.com
Tue Jan 4 08:30:55 CET 2011

Hi,

If you just want to run it on your local machine, please follow:
  https://www.tiolive.com/grid/help

This will install it and configure a local instance.

Usually, beginners get an instance after half an hour
by folllowing this way.

Buildout installation is for more intended for developers who
need to produce RPMs / Debs like those made for TioLive grid.

    hello, totally new to ERP5 and plone, but not a stranger to linux. So i
    tried to install it in ubuntu, cant be that hard can it? HOW WRONG I WAS.

    Anyway, after about 12 hours of installation, i managed to install with i
    think about three errors. I am interested in erp5 primarily because i would
    love to try deploying it in a hospital, it has to be stand alone because
    the hospital does not have a stable internet connection., then couldnt
    figure out what was wrong. first here is my source of confusion:

    1: initially, i found rpm packages for erp5 which i installed successfully,
    on completion, nothing. localhost:8080 had nothing and there were no
    services running, neither was there any database on mysql.

    2: I then decided to follow the instructions her http://www.erp5.com/
    download/linux/Howto-Install.erp5.From.Buildout
    Took 14 hours and thats what ended with three errors. this is what i got:
    FAIL: test_ld_ncurses (__main__.AssertNcurses)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "assertSoftware.py", line 1374, in test_ld_ncurses
        'ncurses',
      File "assertSoftware.py", line 183, in assertLibraryList
        self.assertEqual(sorted(library_list), elf_dict['library_list'], path)
      File "assertSoftware.py", line 174, in assertEqual
        raise unittest.TestCase.failureException, msg
    AssertionError: parts/ncurses/lib/libncurses.so: Lists are different:
    - libdl

    FAIL: test_ld_ncursesw (__main__.AssertNcurses)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "assertSoftware.py", line 1381, in test_ld_ncursesw
        'ncurses',
      File "assertSoftware.py", line 183, in assertLibraryList
        self.assertEqual(sorted(library_list), elf_dict['library_list'], path)
      File "assertSoftware.py", line 174, in assertEqual
        raise unittest.TestCase.failureException, msg
    AssertionError: parts/ncurses/lib/libncursesw.so: Lists are different:
    - libdl