[Erp5-users] Installation on ubuntu

Collins Areba arebacollins at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 07:08:42 CET 2011

hello, totally new to ERP5 and plone, but not a stranger to linux. So i
tried to install it in ubuntu, cant be that hard can it? HOW WRONG I WAS.

Anyway, after about 12 hours of installation, i managed to install with i
think about three errors. I am interested in erp5 primarily because i would
love to try deploying it in a hospital, it has to be stand alone because the
hospital does not have a stable internet connection., then couldnt figure
out what was wrong. first here is my source of confusion:

1: initially, i found rpm packages for erp5 which i installed successfully,
on completion, nothing. localhost:8080 had nothing and there were no
services running, neither was there any database on mysql.

2: I then decided to follow the instructions her
http://www.erp5.com/download/linux/Howto-Install.erp5.From.Buildout
Took 14 hours and thats what ended with three errors. this is what i got:
FAIL: test_ld_ncurses (__main__.AssertNcurses)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "assertSoftware.py", line 1374, in test_ld_ncurses
    'ncurses',
  File "assertSoftware.py", line 183, in assertLibraryList
    self.assertEqual(sorted(library_list), elf_dict['library_list'], path)
  File "assertSoftware.py", line 174, in assertEqual
    raise unittest.TestCase.failureException, msg
AssertionError: parts/ncurses/lib/libncurses.so: Lists are different:
- libdl

FAIL: test_ld_ncursesw (__main__.AssertNcurses)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "assertSoftware.py", line 1381, in test_ld_ncursesw
    'ncurses',
  File "assertSoftware.py", line 183, in assertLibraryList
    self.assertEqual(sorted(library_list), elf_dict['library_list'], path)
  File "assertSoftware.py", line 174, in assertEqual
    raise unittest.TestCase.failureException, msg
AssertionError: parts/ncurses/lib/libncursesw.so: Lists are different:
- libdl

Ran 246 tests in 693.870s

Could someone help me with a step by step?