[Erp5-users] timer_service trouble with buildout-2.12.cfg

Łukasz Nowak luke at nexedi.com
Thu Dec 16 10:06:31 CET 2010

Hello,

* Sascha Gresk [2010-12-16 00:30:05 +0100]:

> Am 15.12.2010 um 14:03 schrieb Gabriel Monnerat:
>
> > Please, enable the configuration "enable-product-installation" in your zope.conf.
> > enable-product-installation on
> > And try again
>

> Indeed this was much better ... thx ! I am even able to
> add an ERP5 Instance to my zope. But installing business templates
> does not work (for me) and I get an "Error Type: BrokenModified
> Error Value: Can't change broken objects" ...
>
> Running
>
> 	using bin/runUnitTest
>
> gives me
>
> now "Running Unit tests of Class Tool yields"
>
> ..FF..
>

> and
>
> FAIL: test_AsDocumentationHelperOnClassTool (testClassTool.TestClassTool) and
> FAIL: test_AsDocumentationHelperOnDocument (testClassTool.TestClassTool)
>
> at the moment.

Can you please give full output of this command?

Can you please install on this machine erp5.appliance.test, you can do
it by using easy_install as root:

root# easy_install erp5.appliance.test

Then create somewhere test directory, using ordinary user:

user$ mkdir -p ~/apptest ~/apptest/run

Then run it:

user$ erp5apptest212 -vcl ~/apptest/run.log ~/apptest/run

This will run the full buildout and test it according to our howto.

Later is it possible to analyse ~/apptest/run.log (which could be
compressed and send to this list). Thanks to this it will be possible to
track down any issues you could have on your machine.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/erp5.appliance.test

> Also running assertSoftware.py using a Python2.4 from an Plone ... UnifiedInstaller shows some
> problems for ncurses:
>
> ~/erp5.buildout$ /usr/local/Plone/Python-2.4/bin/python assertSoftware.py
>
> parts/ncurses/lib/libncurses.so fails to check:

> FAIL: test_ld_ncursesw (__main__.AssertNcurses)
>

> but okay - hopefully libncurses.so is not a problem.

Is there any more information in this failure?

> I am on a Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS and wonder if there is known working version for  Zope 2.12 so I could
> pin the SVN-Version to the known good set first before I fail again ...

Trunk shall be usable on any modern enough Linux distribution, and
Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS *is* modern enough.

Having in mind amount of software being compiled, configured and
installed I really appreciate checking appliance with provided test egg.
It takes some time to run, but it is non interactive and produced report
with a lot of information which will make analysis much easier.

> again thx for any hints !

Thanks for interest in ERP5 and thank you for detailed report.