[Erp5-users] Installing Business Templates crashed my ERP5 Instance/GUI

MLO yeshappytrader at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 19:23:14 CET 2010

Hello,

All I did, using nothing more than the *http://whatever:18080/erp5* GUI, was
to install additional
Business Templates where it would have, upon my clicking the "*Validating
Install*" button, hang the system.

So I rebooted the server, manually started the zope server with *./zopectl*,
then *start*,  and was able to
successfully log into: *http://whatever:*:*18080/manage*, but now I have
this new error when
attempting to go to *http://whatever:18080/erp5*:

*Site Error: an error was encountered while publishing this resource.

ValueError
(Also, the following error occurred while attempting to render the standard
error message, please see the event log for full details:
<AutoQuery(operator='in', **{'viewable_owner': ('zope',)}) at 215807884>
failed generating a query from its parameters.)Traceback (innermost last):
Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 188, in publish_module_standard Module
Products.Localizer.patches, line 88, in new_publish Module.... ( etc., etc.
)*

I did some research and it is suggested that this simply means that the
MySQL-MAX server needs to be restarted,
but upon checking my system, i haven't MySQL-MAX installed.

So I ran back to *./zopectl* command prompt and typed *logtail* and got the
following:

*2010-12-05T00:50:36 WARNING SQLCatalog Unknown columns ['viewable_owner'],
skipped.*

I restarted mysql, and see that it is running but still nothing for the erp5
website.

Someone suggested to me the following:

*"I had a close look at (this) issue on my machine. There is something wrong
with the erp5_banking_core BT as I see. I installed all dependencies of this
BT without problems. Only while installing this do problems appear. Some
tables are getting dropped which cause this problem for my installation.*"

I was able to install the erp5_banking_core Business Template, but it hung
during installation, and I had to reboot the server,
then upon installing, through the erp5 GUI, additional Business Templates,
did the system hang again, so I rebooted, and now
am stuck.

Is there a way for me to UNISTALL the Business Templates to salvage my ERP5
instance?

Is there something wrong with the erp5_banking_core Business Template?

Please assist.

Sincerely,

Martin