[Erp5-users] Installing on Ubuntu 9.10 and 10.04

Boris Kocherov bk at raskon.org
Thu Sep 2 20:31:11 CEST 2010

This problem is fixed in our version of buildout on
http://www.raskon.org/trac/erp5/wiki/Erp5Ubuntu

I wrote in mailing list
http://mail.nexedi.com/pipermail/erp5-dev/2010-August/002450.html
so Nexedi could check it's buildout.  Evidently they didn't...

On 02/09/10 18:52, Kurt Miebach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am installing ERP5 from svn on Ubuntu server 9.10 - 64 bit,
> following this guide closely:
>
> http://www.erp5.org/HowToUseBuildout
>
> I have also set up advanced configuration options using the download cache.
>
> I could not get any further than this:
>
> ad at erp5kk:~/erp5.buildout$ python2.4 bootstrap/bootstrap.py
> Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.4/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.4.egg
> Creating directory '/home/ad/erp5.buildout/bin'.
> Creating directory '/home/ad/erp5.buildout/parts'.
> Creating directory '/home/ad/.buildout/eggs'.
> Creating directory '/home/ad/erp5.buildout/develop-eggs'.
> Getting distribution for 'setuptools'.
> Got setuptools 0.6c12dev-r84273.
> Getting distribution for 'zc.buildout==1.4.4'.
> Got zc.buildout 1.4.4.
> Generated script '/home/ad/erp5.buildout/bin/buildout'.
>
> ad at erp5kk:~/erp5.buildout$ python2.4 bin/buildout
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "bin/buildout", line 17, in ?
>     import zc.buildout.buildout
> ImportError: No module named zc.buildout.buildout
>
> I tried installation on Ubuntu 10.04 64bit before already, I had to
> install python 2.4 by hand, but the result of the buildout was
> similar.
>
> If there is no simple fix for 09.10 I would prefer going with an older
> ubuntu version, where it works smoothly, if I knew which version that
> would be.
>
> Thank you for any help
> Kurt Miebach

Crisis had come unexpectedly, just as winter comes unexpectedly to
Russia every year.