[Erp5-users] ERP5/TioLive plans

Jacques Honoré jacques at tiolive.com
Fri Jul 30 20:16:35 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I think I need to give explanations about what are the plan with ERP5,
TioLive, OSOE and why we changed website, close KB etc.

The response to Bartek's question is no, we don't plan to use ERP5 as just a
framework of TioLive. It will in fact TioLive must be an accelerator of ERP5
development. I will explain the purpose of the latest changes.

## ERP5 Website ##

Some work is still needed, but the purpose of the change is to simplify the
available resource on internet about ERP5.

www.erp5.com should replace the knowledge base and www.erp5.org website. The
subject of the website is 'what is ERP5, what it does, what is the available
documentation, what is the last news about ERP5'.

It should become the community/marketing website of ERP5. One single website
to promote ERP5. It should stay 'Neutral' which means that the purpose is not
to sell a service of anyone.

We will maintain some 'marketing' pages who will describe the features of
ERP5. Then all documentation will be made public on this website.

The wiki should be someday moved to the website (we need to have more 'wiki
like' behaviour of ERP5 to make it available). It will be done little by
little.

The plan is also to have a public Road Map and a public bug tracker on the
website.

We have introduced a section about the 'Cloud' capacity of ERP5 and we speak
of TioLive in some places. There is two reasons for that. The first is that
today everyone is talking about cloud computing, No-SQL and web-based
software. We have the chance that ERP5 has been designed like that 10 years
ago. We have to promote it on the website. Maybe the texts are not good
enough, or are confusing. Any feed-back, help, rewritting of webpages are
welcome.

The second reason of promoting a little TioLive on the website is because it
is the fastest and easiest way to use ERP5. I believe it should be used and
promoted as such by the entire Community. If you are not happy with that let
us know and we can discuss it.

So this bring us to the question, what is TioLive :-) ?

## TioLive ##

TioLive is a way for us to promote ERP5 and spread the use of ERP5 among SOHO
businesses.

TioLive is a way to build a partnership network around ERP5. Because there is
no need to be a developer to become a consulting partner, it will spread the
use of ERP5 among consultant.

<small advertisement>
Everyone is very welcome to become a partner. Being a partner you are able to
deliver as much ERP5 instances as you want for your clients. You will be able
to customize the categories and all support requests will be handle by you
through your own CRM.
</small advertisement>

ERP5 is expensive. If you wish to use it on your own server it will cost quite
a lot. With TioLive, companies which are willing to pay just a little can
access ERP5. The idea is that little by little, with those contributions we
will be able to improve ERP5.

For instance, TioLive customers are the one which have financed the user
documentation. It is good also for ERP5.

Did you try TioLive? Do you use it? If not, why not?

I will post more information about current work on documentation, website,
ERP5 current development here. Feedbacks and contributions (for documentation)
are very welcome.

Best Regards,
Jacques