[Erp5-users] Invitation to the OSOE Summer Camp - Natal, Brazil

Bartek Gorny bartek at gorny.edu.pl
Sat Jul 17 13:20:35 CEST 2010

Yes, the main question is overly simple: what are Nexedi's plans as to
the future of ERP5? There is no roadmap or any other publicly
available information (except for a torrent of svn commits), so it is
difficult to formulate a specific question.

I, personally, have an impression that ERP5 is being wound down as an
"Open Source ERP" project, and it is going to be just a framework for
TioLive SaaS service and nothing else (except perhaps of occasional
projects done by Nexedi). In other words, that Nexedi chose a "pure
SaaS" strategy.

I might also have some very specific questions - like, are any of the
following things planned (or maybe already done but I didn't notice):

 * improvements in UI (in particular using AJAX more extensively)
 * using alternative SCM tools (mercurial, perhaps?)
 * any of these: http://www.erp5.org/Discussion/FeatureRequests

I'm sure Boris can add to the list :)

Cheers
Bartek