[Erp5-users] Installation issue - sorting out dependencies - sudo apt-get install gcc patch make

Nicolas Dumazet nicolas.dumazet at nexedi.com
Mon Mar 1 05:20:14 CET 2010

Hello,

Lukas Hlavac wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am still struggling with the installation and buildout
> configuration. I am trying to sort out the dependencies, but when I
> execute:
> /sudo apt-get install gcc patch make
> /
>
> I got the this response:
>

> /sudo: apt-get: command not found./

apt-get is a command for Debian-based distributions. For Mandriva, one
should refer to the command "urpmi" to install packages.

For example, "urpmi gcc patch make" is the equivalent command for Mandriva.

I agree that the wiki page http://www.erp5.org/HowToUseBuildout might be
misleading as it only refers to Debian installation instructions at the
moment. We welcome any contributions that could make the wiki better:
the buildout README found in SVN (
https://svn.erp5.org/repos/public/experimental/erp5.buildout/README.txt
) should contain up-to-date installation informations. Again, if any
documentation needs improvements, we will warmly welcome any patches and
contributions!

Thanks,

--
Nicolas Dumazet