[Erp5-users] MemcachePlugin problem with fresh install

Nicolas Delaby nicolas at nexedi.com
Mon Oct 5 14:32:35 CEST 2009

Ed Holdsworth a écrit :
> Hi,
> What's the best way of doing this with urpmi, as this is what I used to
> keep the installation simple?

Urpmi is usefull to bootstrap your ERP5 instance.
For upgrade, rpm can not do everything like update your Business
Templates which are stored in your ZODB.

> I think I've established that memcachedplugin.py belongs to
>
> products/ERP5Type/Core/MemcachedPlugin.py
>
> However when I pull down the rpm for ERP5TYPE...
>
> http://www.nexedi.org/static/mandrivalinux/2009.1/i586/erp5-ERP5Type-5.4.2-1nxd2009.1.noarch.rpm
>
> there is no memcachedplugin.py??

Yes, release 5.4.2 as been build under r26629 which does not include
ERP5Type/Core/MemcachedPlugin.py

http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/tags/version-5.4.2/

So, as i said, please use the same revision for all Products and
business templates dependencies.

You can also use buildout to create and update your erp5 instance easily
with the expected revision. But remember that BT updates are always run
through erp5 UI (no automation).

http://svn.erp5.org/experimental/erp5.buildout/

Regards,
Nicolas
--
Nicolas Delaby
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software