[Erp5-users] Fwd: Question on LDAP and ubuntu deployment

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Thu Dec 20 15:50:26 CET 2007

Hello Carl,

On 2007-12-20, 14:38:12
"Carl Anthony" <carlzeto at gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

> Hi,
>
> I have been reviewing various opensourcve erp systems, and have
> reviewed erp5 a couple of times in passing.  I must say it seems like
> the most complete of all serious systems available,
> especially in integrating accounting/HR/payroll modules.
>
> However, erp5 also seems to be quite selective in the platform it can
> install in -- for instance, it seems only Mandriva is supported.  I
> prefer to use ubuntu, and it makes sence to keep all our systems on
> the same platform for various reasons.   Being that ubuntu is just
> another linux distro, how difficult will it be to deploy erp5 on
> ubuntu ?

In Ventis we are using ERP5 with success on Debian and Ubuntu. My
development environment are: Ubuntu Gutsy 32-bit, Debian Etch 32-bit
and Debian Etch 32-bit chroot in 64-bit host. (I do not use 64-bit
version of ERP5). So it is possible. Right now we are moving out
production system from Mandriva 2006.0 32-bit to Debian Etch 32-bit.

Next question is "how?". As far as I know, there is no officially
supported installation on Debian (and Ubuntu, as Debian derivative)
I've created such guide and published it on deb4erp5 project page
(which project purpose is to provide working bootstrap set of
packages)

http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5
http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5/wiki/HowToRunERP5OnDebian

Fell free to submit issues or ask here if you run on any problems. Also
- suggestions about packages are greatly welcome.

(...)

> Thanks in advance for your suggestions and information ..

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.