[Erp5-users] A question about security

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Tue Oct 2 17:13:03 CEST 2007

Hi

Actually, it is much more complicated than that...

First of all, if you are using Security tab of portal type, then you are
in the wrong place - this defines security to the portal type, and has
no impact on security settings to objects of this portal type. You can
change permissions to an object by checking/unchecking boxes on Security
tab of the particular object, like:
erp5/sale_opportunity_module/30/manage_access
but normally you don't need it. Security settings are calculated by a
very sophisticated machinery, which uses portal type roles, workflows
and a number of scripts.

To get started, read this:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ERP5_Handbook/Getting_Started#Introduction_to_security
http://wiki.erp5.org/HowToDesignSecurity
http://wiki.erp5.org/HowTo/HowToUseNewSecurity

Bartek

Sebastian Bijak wrote:
> Hi
>
> What i understood so far is that i must set two levels of security. First one
> for example at portal type Person Module i must map roles for users so they can
> see it at erp site. At this level i must also set a permission to add new
> persons so the user could use Add Person action. Second level of security
> defines accessability to Person information. At this level i set permission to
> edit Person and gives roles needed to use workflow. Please tell me if i'm wrong.
> I have a little problem with security when i map a role for a person, for
> example when i give some user an Auditor role the permissions look like already
> defined. It doesn't matter that, at security tab for chosen portal type,
> permissions for Auditor are not selected. The user that has Auditor role can see
> module and access it as the Assignor can add new contents and edit them. How can
> i clear this settings to give permissions as i want?
>
> regards
> Sebastian

"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."
Karl Fogel, "Producing Open Source Software"