[Erp5-users] Generic Installation Howto/Requirements

Martin Marcher martin.marcher at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 22:35:38 CEST 2007

Hello,

sorry to bother but I seem to be too blind to find an installation
guide to use erp5 _without_ the live cd. Or at least how to convert
the live cd to a "installed" system.

We're using XEN so providing a test environment and enough HD space
won't be a problem.

1) Having searched the list archives I found quite a bunch of requests
for that. But the thing closest to installing is
http://www.erp5.org/DownloadSourceCode however it doesn't state wether
it would work with any zope version (z3?) or up to the latest zope2.

2) Are there any efforts to include the acquisition pach into
mainstream zope? if so any status available on that?

3) What about the requirements for the listed zope products, can I
just assume the latest available version will work (given the above
precondition of zope2 vs. zop3).

and last but not least, describing our situation to get some initial
hints to know what i should look into first once i managed to get it
running.

We're using a bunch of different products to maintain our info

The bigger need(s):
xrms.sf.net as a crm it manages a few documents, contacts (addres,
mail, address, etc), contact information (phone calls, mails, entered
manually atm), and exposes the contacts thru an ldap directory for our
users - automated mail integration would be nice here, and also ldap
exposure of contact information is a must (is there something ready to
use that you guys know of or will that be a coding task?)

Guess that's provided out of the box:
2 pretty old and unknown accounting and billing programs, windows
bases, namely CAO-Faktura and some other programm which I forgot the
name - nothing special involved here. We'd need an austrian layout for
the accounts and some other information which should be pretty much
standard (VAT, couple of products, customized forms, I guess that's
nothing of big interest once figured out how to do that)

thanks
martin