[Erp5-users] Security and Minimum Production Environment

Łukasz K. Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Fri May 25 10:43:07 CEST 2007

Hello,

Dnia 24-04-2007, wto o godzinie 07:30 -0400, Frank DiRocco napisał(a):
> My second question is regarding ŁukaszNowak's text covering Minimal
> Production at http://erp5.org/HowToMinimalProductionScenario. After
> completing the Produce step; order, plan, and confirm leaves me stuck.
> Related Production Packing Lists and Related Production Report from
> the Jump Menu tells me there are no related reports. I created these
> objects from the Production Packing Lists and Production Reports
> modules and they were found when using the jump menu. The problem I'm
> having now is I'm not sure where to "Observe stock changes of
> minprod_consumed and minprod_produced." I gather this scenario takes 3
> minprod_consumed objects and makes 1 minprod_produced object from the
> supply chain node to minprod_org node by way of the created
> transformation minprod_trans. I am interested to see where I can
> observe the stock changes to identify where the initial
> minprod_consumed objects where entered into stock.

Ok, I've got it. There is some bug introduced into mrp system - you
cannot confirm any production order - even those from
testProductionOrder[1]. So as I see production isn't working in ERP5. I
cannot fix it, production tests are not covering cases after confirming
production order (that's why this bug wasn't tested), and I cannot find
any documentation about production system in ERP5 except production
order test...which is incomplete.

Is there any brave soul, which has time to extended testProductionOrder
and/or create more test cases for production? I might prepare full
production testacase scenario based on my how-to, but I'm not able (my
knowledge about low level and core of ERP5 is to low :( ) to write all
of tests myself - production is quite complicated and not documented
anywhere...

For reference, after confirming any production order I've got this in
log, what is attached.

Luke

[1]http://svn.erp5.org/erp5/trunk/products/ERP5/tests/testProductionOrder.py?view=log

``Use the Source, Luke...''