[Erp5-users] Please help with of Base Category and Securityinterplay

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Thu Mar 1 10:17:15 CET 2007

chetankumar at vsnl.net wrote:
> Hello
>
> Thanks a lot for the response.
>
> SNIP

> This is the question bothering me now.
>

>> No, it is not just you - I'd say this is the expected behaviour :)
>> Security system in ERP5 is very confusing for a beginner, but
>> wonderful
>> when you get it.
>
> Hope I get there soon.
>
>> The way to understanding it is to see how it really works - I'd
>> advise
>
> SNIP
>
>> funca_groupa_sitea (Assignor)
>>

> This part works beautifully.
> Need to learn how and where base category is used.

If you are talking about Role tab in portal type definition, then it
works as follows:

Base Category is given as an argument for Base Category Script in case
category value has to be calculated based on something. If you for
example want to calculate group value based on group to which the person
who created the object is assigned, you should put "group" as base
category and ERP5Type_getSecurityCategoryFromAssignment as base category
script.

However, if you hardcode category values (by typing
group/groupa
function/functiona
site/sitea

into Category field, you don't need any base categories - just leave it
blank, and base category script will not be run at all.

Bartek