[Erp5-users] ERP5 on 64bit system and psyco

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Fri Feb 16 14:11:46 CET 2007

Hello,

I've installed ERP5 on 64 bit Ubuntu 6.06 today. ASAP I'll share
packages and write a HowTo about Ubuntu 6.06 32- and 64-bit of course,
but before this, I'd like to know few things and test it a little.

First - psyco won't be able to run on full 64bit system:

   A common question I get is whether Psyco will work on 64-bit x86
   architectures. The answer is no, unless you have a Python compiled in
   32-bit compatibility mode. If you haven't heard about PyPy, see the
   following news item.

http://psyco.sourceforge.net/

Is it acceptable solution to disable psyco by:
def bind(*args, **kw):
   pass

even on production 64bit system? Or I'll have to use 32bit mode python
on 64bit machine?

Thanks,

``Use the Source, Luke...''