[Erp5-users] Tax on top of tax (quebec tax case)

Michel Adamus madamus at orcoop.org
Wed Aug 30 18:45:39 CEST 2006

Hello,

I am evaluating erp5, and one crucial decision point is the ability to apply
tax in a special way.

In Quebec,
First, the GST SALES TAX is calculated at 6 %.
Second, the PST SALES TAX is calculated at 7.5 %, and is applied on top of the
GST.

In other words, and item is first taxed by the GST, then the resulting amount
is taxed again by the PST (amount * 0.06) * 0.075)).

example:

100.00 $ (total of a bill before taxes)
GST = 6 % (6.00 $)
Sub total = 106.00 $
the sub total is taxed at 7.5 % by the PST (106.00 * 0.075)
Tatal amount = 113.95

Now, to make things even more interesting, the system must allow the
possibility for tax exemptions on ONE of the two or both taxes. (something is
not taxed by one ot the other level of goverment).

Is this something that is done out of the box, or do I need to tweek things?
If I need to tweek things, how much work is involved? The problem is that the
label (what is shown on the bill, MUST display 6 and 7.5 percent respectively).

Thank you,