[Erp5-users] First Impressions -- Payroll

Bartek Gorny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Sat Jun 17 13:10:47 CEST 2006

On 17/06/06, James Troup <admin at linuxterminal.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am just in the process of installing the Business Templates.
>
> I read that "the payroll Template is too French accounting centric".
> Can this be used as a base to work from to modify for Australia?

I think so - I built a Polish payroll a few months ago.

> Do I need to build a payroll template from scratch?

No, not really - what you need to do is create new skin folder
overwriting some scripts from erp5_payroll folder. And an Australian
set of "services".

> It seems to me, correct me if I am wrong, you really need a working
> knowledge of Zope,( ie. Work your way through the Zope Handbook) if you
> really want to use ERP5?

Not If you want to use it, but if you want to develop on it then yes,
you need a general knowledge of Zope, and of some of the CMF
mechanisms.

Bartek

> Regards,
> James

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"