[Erp5-users] What means source_* and destination_*

Bartek Gorny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Mon Jun 12 18:25:06 CEST 2006

On 12/06/06, Łukasz Nowak <lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are looking for guide how to use source_* and destination_* type of
> objects, where * can be:
>
> administration
> decision
> payment
> section
> (null)
>
> What are consequences of using one of those?
>
> AFAWK (null) is physical location of a company, administration is person
> in the copmany responsible for a decision. We are not sure, how to use
> them properly.

Basically yes - if it is a delivery of a resource, then (null) is
location (company, warehouse etc), section is source/destination in a
legal/organisational sense, etc. But it is more generic than that - if
it is an accounting transaction, then (null) is account, and section
is a party in the transaction. And if we have an employee working on a
service project for a client, then destination is the entity we are
working for, destination_section is the entity which we are invoicing,
and source is the employee - since providing service is moving
employee's time from him to the client :)

Actually, what we are talking about here is where the magic of ERP5
lies - this is the most important skill in developing ERP5
application, and the most difficult to master. To me, it seems to be
more art then a science, though.

Bartek