[Erp5-users] Production Sites

Yoshinori Okuji yo at nexedi.com
Fri Jun 9 13:41:43 CEST 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 12:04, James Troup wrote:
> I am considering to put erp5 into production.

That's nice.

> Is erp5 at production stability?

Yes. ERP5 has been running for several years in production systems.

> I'm not to sure if the Zope stuff makes me nervous, another level of
> complexity
> I am not sure about.

Zope makes the deployment of a system simpler but not more complicated,
including lock-free transactions, TTW development, no heavy compilation, etc.
Please refer to http://zope.org for more information.

> Also mysql is not acid test compliant whereas postgresql is.

MySQL *is* ACID compliant. Look at this:

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?97,18003,18003

The rumor that MySQL is not ACID compliant is based on very, very old
information, like 10 years ago. PostgreSQL has its own goodness, but MySQL
performs far better for ERP5.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi CTO
ERP5: Full Featured High End Open Source ERP