[Erp5-users] ZSQLCatalog

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Mon May 8 20:59:26 CEST 2006

Le Vendredi 28 Avril 2006 09:25, Christian Klinger a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible with ZSQLCatalog to replace an existing Plone
> portal_catalog. The Catalog in Plone holds man 100000 Items and is damn
> slow.

Yes. It is possible. Using ERP5Catalog (rather than pure ZSQLCatalog) allows
to catalog tens of millions of documents with great performance.

> If it´s possible is there a howto or something?

We have setup pure CMF sites as well as CPS sites with ERP5Catalog as a
dropin replacement to ZCatalog. It worked and eliminated bottlenecks which
prevent scalability with ZCatalog. I am sure the same would be very easy to
do with plone. There is no howto though.

If you want to go this way, I recommend you:
	- if you have time, analyse how the catalog is used in ERP5 LiveCD and take
time to write a howto for plone
	- if you are in hurry, to ask a commecial service provider to do it

	- please also read this:

http://wiki.erp5.org/HowToAddTableToCatalog
http://erp5.org/workspaces/project/erp5_brasil/documentacao_dos_pro/groupware/howto_create_a_full/view

which give a very good idea of how to setup a catalog

JPS.