[Erp5-users] ERP5 Users FAQ v 0.1

Bartłomiej Górny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Thu Jan 12 10:15:57 CET 2006

Sebastian Ware wrote:
> Hi Bartek!
>
> Do you have simple instructions on how to do the update from the CVS
> and also how you installed the Business Templates.

I posted them a week ago, but on erp-dev - here is an updated version:

Step-by-step instruction how to start ERP5 from LiveCD and install
latest version of ERP5 and business templates (assumed basic knowledge
of Linux and the terminal).

0. Be aware that the LiveCD requires at least 1GB RAM to run smoothly

1. Get the LiveCD rc3, burn the image

2. Create a directory /erp5cd and give everybody writing rights to it

3. Boot from the CD; you will find your erp5cd directory under
/mnt/storage. Then login as root using password "erp5root"

4. Go to the /var/lib/zope/Products directory and checkout latest
version of ERP5 - you can use the script given below:

#!/bin/bash
Modules="CMFActivity CMFCategory ERP5 ERP5Catalog ERP5Form ERP5OOo
ERP5SyncMl ERP5Type ZSQLCatalog erp5diff"
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.erp5.org:/cvsroot login
for M in $Modules
do
     cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.erp5.org:/cvsroot co -P $M
done

5. Restart zope

6. Create a new ERP5 Site, name it whatever u wish (when creating a
site, you'll be asked if you want to use CMFActivity - select "I'm new
to ERP5 so I'll use it later")

7. Checkout latest versions of business templates (same way as above,
the module is "erp5_bt5")

8. Go to localhost/your_new_erp5_site/portal_templates

9. Install any desired business template the following way:

   - click "Import/Export" icon

   - select "Download Business Template"

   - give it appropriate id and the path where the template is stored
(like file:///mnt/storage/erp5cd/erp5_bt5/erp5_pdm)

  - import, then go to the template and do the "install" action

Bartek

> Regards sebastian
>

> 3 jan 2006 kl. 22.26 skrev Bartłomiej Górny:
>
>> Sebastian Ware wrote:

>>> --- Q: I have problems installing Business Templates. Why?
>>> - January, 2006 (Bartłomiej Górny)
>>>  From what Nexedi guys are saying, business templates
>>> available for download are meant to work with the most recent (CVS)
>>> version of ERP5. No use of trying to get them to work with LiveCD.
>>
>> Correction - I wrote this half a year ago, and now I take it back:
>> when you start LiveCD, you can checkout everything from CVS into  the
>> zope/Products dir that LiveCD creates on your HD and it  overwrites
>> what's on the CD. So yes, you can run LiveCD and use the  most recent
>> business templates.
>>
>> I will elaborate on it in a couple of days, I hope (am playing with
>> it right now).
>>
>> Organisational issue: can somebody set up a wikipage, or a cvs rep,
>> for this FAQ?
>>
>> Bartek

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"