[Erp5-users] Whats the status of ERP5 and Z3ERP

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Sun Jan 1 23:55:42 CET 2006

Le Dimanche 1 Janvier 2006 18:44, Sebastian Ware a écrit :
> I agree with you on that. "Working" in this case refered to running.
>
> ERP5 is complex and poorly documented. Whereas it might be very easy

Actually ERP5 is not complex but is still not enough documented. We have now
about 200 pages of documentation but we think 2000 pages would be required
to teach everything. Since it is impossible to produce at this stage, we
will first concentrate on documenting core features of ERP5 and extending
the documenting towards more advanced features whenever time or resources
permit.

> to use once you get the hang of it, the learning curve is steep. I
> had some contact with Nexedi last winter and they were happy to show
> how it works for whomever comes to their office. This was
> unfortunately not possible for us at the time.
>
> However, there are "business templates" that should be working
> examples of different modules of an ERP-implementation.
>
> http://www.erp5.org/sections/download/bt5/
>
> We have not explored them.

One of our goals in 2006 is to make a few core business templates easy to
use and documented.

JPS.