[Erp5-users] update business template

Chris Purves chris.purves at dowslakemicro.com
Wed Jun 8 07:36:03 CEST 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:22:06 +0800, Yoshinori Okuji <yo at nexedi.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 08 May 2005 08:06, Chris Purves wrote:
>> How do I update a business template?
>>
>> For example, I am trying to install a newer version of erp5_core.  I have
>> already imported the latest version.  Now, I have two business templates
>> with erp5_core title, but different ID's listed in portal_templates.  The
>> original gives me the options of "Uninstall Business Template" and the new
>> one allows "Clean", "Rebuild", and "Install Business Tempate".  There is
>> also an "Update Business Template" listed as an Object.
>>
>> Where do I go from here?  I tried to just install the new template, but
>> received an error.  Do I need to uninstall the old one first?
>
> You can use "Install Business Template" on the new one. What error do you get?

Okay, I tried to uninstall the old erp5_core template.  That was a bad idea. :-) I found time to get everything running again.  When I try to "Install Business Template" on a newly imported erp5_core template I get the following error:

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: global name 'new_role' is not defined

> It might be necessary to use the latest products.

I am using the latest Mandrake rpm's.  Is that what you mean by products?

I am trying to replace erp5_core 1.0rc2 that comes installed with rpm's with CVS r1.39.

--
Chris Purves
Director of Operations

Phone:  +86-21-5426-2227 x808