[Erp5-users] Not able to install ERP5Site.

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Thu Apr 7 21:56:15 CEST 2005

Hi,

I strongly suggest you use the LiveCD first. It will not destroy your hard
disk (unless you use the option "reformat" all which requires to enter a
password). The LiveCD is not only for demo: it is what we use to deploy
ERP5 in production sites because it saves us a lot of time and allows to
have a standard setup for ERP5.

Then, you can look  at how things are setup in the LiveCD.

If you really plan to reinstall from scratch, please consider spending 1 to
2 weeks for tweaking and tying things together. The installation procedure
is descibed here:

http://openbrick.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/umigumi/config/erp5_cd.py?rev=1.16&view=markup
(it is an automatic script for umibuilder)

Another solution is to use our RPMs

http://nexedi.org/static/Mandrake/10.1/RPMS/
http://nexedi.org/static/Mandrake/10.1/SRPMS/

which include some required patches to Zope itself. If you do not use
Mandriva, you can rebuild them or convert them to your favourite distro
(alien -d, rpm -ba). It will be a lot faster than installing from scratch
and much more maintainable.

JPS.

--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software