[Erp5-users] choice of Mandrake

Woodelf woodelf at lignumspectare.com
Thu Mar 10 07:36:53 CET 2005

I apologise first - but I have to say this - as a Debian user,
attempting to maintain a simple Mandrake installation for testing ERP5
is driving me nuts (again).

Installing or up-dating anything with the urpmi package management
system is a joke (it doesn't work)!

Mandrake/KDE looks pretty but seriously - Debian's package management
system wins hands-down over (it works).

incidentally, in testing between Compiere and ERP5 - Compiere is
becoming a clear winner because, it works, it works in/on almost any
environment and is well supported.

I still persist with ERP5 as you guys say it's technically more advanced
- which as a "user" I don't see so far - it looks like a system for
developers or integrators. Not a small business - which I think is where
"ERP' has its biggest benefit.

- OK, now I got that off my chest, its back to my holiday.