[Erp5-users] Trouble setting up ERP5 on Gentoo

Guy Zürcher gzuercher at raptus.com
Fri Dec 3 18:54:17 CET 2004

Hi Cracks,

        i am trying to get ERP5 (the demo) to run, in order to build a
app using ERP5 RAD. No success so far.

I am using Gentoo Linux with a 2.6.9x kernel. All required Python libs
are installed. Then i downloaded the SRC-RPMs, converted them to
tar-files and installed everything. After a short verify i assumed that
the necessary patches to the packages have already been applied.The
following things i have installed without any error message:

Zope-2.7.2-rc1/
BTreeFolder2-0.5.0/
Base18-0.2.0/
CMF-1.4.2/
CMFActivity-0.8/
CMFCategory-0.8/
CMFMailIn-1.0.0/
CMFPhoto-1.2.3/
CMFReportTool-0.1.1/
CPS-3.0rc3/
ERP5-0.8/
ERP5Catalog-0.8/
ERP5Compatibility-0.1/
ERP5Form-0.8/
ERP5SyncML-0.8/
ERP5Type-0.8/
ExtFile-1.1.3/
Formulator-1.6.1/
FunctionalTests-0.4/
Localizer-1.0.1/
Photo-1.2.3/
TranslationService-0.4/
ZGDChart-0.6.4/
ZMailIn-1.0.1/
ZMySQLDA-2.0.9b2/
ZSQLCatalog-0.8/
ZopeTestCase-0.9.0/

The zope server is starting with a few warnings, but there seems nothing
wrong. Altough i had to remove a few things like "ERP5Compatiblity" or
"FunctionalTests" products, since they gave me weird exceptions.

The 2 problems are:

When i log into ZMI and try to add a "CMF Site" i get a error message
(if required i can post the traceback). (Add the CMF Site In order to
setup the ZSQLCatalog.)

Another error is, when trying to import "demo.zexp" it says that it was
successful. But when i look into the demo folder there is not even a
index_html and a 3 files are reported to be "broken". The files are
"portal_categories", "portal_relations", "organisation". The message is
"This object from the ERP5 product is broken".

Anyone can help, pleeeeease! I am getting slightly mad ....

many thanks already

         Guy