[Erp5-dev] Sentry and Zope

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leonardo at nexedi.com
Mon Sep 10 23:13:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

Sentry is a "cloud service" that allows you to post messages and
tracebacks to a central service. It's Open Source, so you can host your
own Sentry server:

https://www.getsentry.com/welcome/

Enfold developed an "error_log" replacement for Zope that pushes
exceptions assynchronously to Sentry. It's here:

http://dist.enfoldsystems.com/catalog/enfold.getsentrylog/releases/1.2/enfold.getsentrylog-1.2.tar.gz

Enfold plans to push the code to a repository somewhere eventually, but
it's Open Source right now.

I think this would be wonderful for clusters, specially large ones, so
you don't have to log into individual Zope nodes to look at an
exception. And it stores a lot more info than just line numbers, ex:
local variables.

Configuration for Zope clients require only a single environment variable.

I think ERP5 cluster configurations from SlapOS for production
deployment should (optionallly) provide installation of a Sentry server
and configuration of Zope clients to access this server.

Cheers,

Leo