[Erp5-dev] Question: New fields; getter method

Matthias Scheele matthias.scheele06 at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:55:25 CET 2011

Bonjour,

I have the following scenario:

We would like to add new fields to already existing modules in
ERP5/TIOLIVE, for example a sales order.
I created a copy of SaleOrder_view into the custom folder and added the new
field as a String field called my_new_field.
The field is visible immediately and values will be stored and also copied
when a document is cloned

1.)
According to the documents I found I would expect a 'getter' method to be
generated getNewField. This did not happen - I tried to view it using
/SaleOrderModule/xx/getNewField and got a dump.
What needs to be done to get this method created?
Where in the source code path can I find it?

2.)
I would like to know where in the database I can locate the new field and
the value.

Thanks a lot for your input
Matthias