[Erp5-dev] Audio and Video bt5

Gabriel Lima de Oliveira ciberglo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:38:54 CET 2011

Hi. My name is Gabriel Lima de Oliveira, I'm a student from NSI - IFF -
Brazil.
I work with Prof. Rogerio Atem, and I'm developing a new bt5 called
'erp5_dms_media' that aims to handle
audio and video types into erp5.

I also developed 2 new fields, AudioField and VideoField, for now each one
representing
its HTML5 respective tag (audio or video) to stream the media content.
In future, I hope I can also support flash and other players into those
fields.

For video and audio portal types, I created a new action called 'Preview'
(like in Text, Presentation),
that use the fields that I've created to preview the content of the media.
Also, added a new PropertySheet called MediaPreference, to set preferred
format selections to audio and video.

My next goals are to implement audio/video conversion into erp5 using
cloudooo.

Following Rafael suggestions, I used the presentations available into
erp5.com to learn how to develop in erp5.
It was quite nice to learn from presentation.

I hope my work be useful to erp5 and be integrated in future.

Regards,
  Gabriel Lima.