[Erp5-dev] Initial review of contributions

Bartek Gorny bartek at gorny.edu.pl
Mon Nov 30 15:42:14 CET 2009

2009/11/19 Łukasz Nowak <luke at nexedi.com>:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 14:25 +0100, Jean-Paul Smets wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I read this:
>>     http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/addons-erp5/wiki/PatchsetContents
>>
> (...)
>>     switching_object_tabs_ajax ¶
>>     <http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/addons-erp5/wiki/PatchsetContents#switching_object_tabs_ajax>
>>
>>     -> Yes for idea. Implementation review needed. Selenium tests required.
>
> I have only one issue with AJAXed web sites. Quite often those AJAX
> links are not links, so open in new window nor tab do not work. It would
> be good to have it considered in this case: How to send link by
> chat/mail to another form?

Actually, I don't think myself this one is worthwhile - I did it as an
experiment, but performance gain was almost none, while it may cause
many tricky issues related to other parts of the page (hidden fields,
form action etc). It seems to be there are many places where
ajaxification can bring much more benefit then here.

Bartek

> (...)
>
> Regards,
> Luke

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"