[Erp5-dev] Unreorganized ERP5 Documentation

Bartek Gorny bartek at gorny.edu.pl
Tue Sep 29 14:50:36 CEST 2009

2009/9/18 Łukasz Nowak <luke at nexedi.com>:
>> I'm sorry if I criticize about ERP5 documentation. but, it's really
>> unrecognized and not up-to date.
>
> There is enormous amount of documentation about ERP5 relating to
> different aspects of system. We are trying hard to categorise this
> documents to provide the best possible starting point for community.
> Your feedback is valuable for as we know what are the most important
> works to do. Thank you very much for your suggestions.

I find it rather hard to believe that anybody is working hard on
documentation. I heard exactly the same four years ago, and the
documentation is as shabby as it was at that time. The "knowledge
base" is still a loose pile of old presentations, nearly
incomprehensible for a newbie. The wiki is a good reference material
for an experienced erp5 developer, but not for somebody who is just
starting. By the way, about half of the wiki was written by community
in the good old days when community headcount was about five people
(including you and me). The other half is mostly a reference notepad
of some of the Nexedi developers. Doesn't seem like a project to which
Nexedi devotes its resources...

Given that you are now in Nexedi, I'm sure Nexedi knows perfectly well
"what are the most important works to do". But, apparently, Nexedi is
just not going to do them.

Bartek

> Best Regards,
> Luke
>

>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Reza
>>
>> --
>>         exodream - beyond a dream
>>         Everyone has rights to get what they expect.
>>
>>         ----Free Software is better than Open Source----
>>         Why ? See
>>         www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html
>>
>>         Join Free Software Foundation at
>>         https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom/join_fsf?
>>         Take all of advantages by Joining FSF. Join Now !!
>>
>> i n f i n i t y . s o l u t i o n (www.infi-nity.com) - pt. vikasa
>> infinity anugrah
>> bsd city sektor 14 - ruko golden madrid g/9 - tangerang 15321 -
>> indonesia
>> t: +62 (21) 5316 4796  f: +62 (21) 5316 4797 m:+62 816 956207
>> Contact me at + 62 878 3229 5036

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"