[Erp5-dev] Erp5 buildout on Debian Lenny

Eus reply.to.eus.at.member.fsf.org at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 03:19:33 CEST 2009

Hi Ho!

On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 22:00 +0400, Boris Kocherov wrote:

[snip]

> > My fix is to force the use of `patch' command instead of `quilt' by
> > commenting the following two lines
> > in /home/erp5/erp5-buildout/buildout.cfg by typing `#' at the beginning
> > of the two lines:
> >
> > --- 8< ------
> > patch-command =
> >     QUILT_PATCHES=${buildout:directory}/patches-zope quilt push -a
> > --- 8< ------
> It very important lines not remark it!

Yup, I think you are right since then I get the following error:
AttribureError: getIdGenerator

However, I dare to change it because of the following logic
in /home/erp5/erp5-buildout/parts/z2i/plone.recipe.zope2install/src/plone/recipe/zope2install/__init__.py line 249 that barks about AssertionError:

--- 8< -----------
        # apply a patch to zope before build
        patch_command = options.get('patch-command', None)
        patch = options.get('patch', None)
        if patch_command:
            assert os.system(patch_command) == 0
        if patch:
            assert os.system('patch -p1 < %s' % patch) == 0
--- 8< -----------

At a glance, I understood that if patch_command is unavailable, then
patch will be used. Heh, I bet the patch is not applied because patch is
None. I should have been more careful.

But, it is true that if patch_command is unavailable, then patch will be
used if it is set. Is that true?

And, what is the meaning of `%' operator in: 'patch -p1 < %s' % patch ?

--
Best regards,
Eus (FSF member #4445)

In this digital era, where computing technology is pervasive, your
freedom depends on the software controlling those computing devices.

Join free software movement today! It is free as in freedom, not as in
free beer!

Join: http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=4445