[Erp5-dev] "requested resource does not exist" Error

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Tue Feb 17 12:19:00 CET 2009

Jacek Medrzycki a écrit :
> Hello everybody.
>
> We often encounter following error:

Could you describe precisely "we" (ie. situation, application, number of
users, etc.)
> Resource not found
> Sorry, the requested resource does not exist.

I did not see such an error for ages, even on the largest sites Nexedi
has implemented, with 300+ users and 10,000,000+documents.

Very long ago (many years), I saw this kind of error in relation with
    - Zope sessions
    - caching objects into RAM (coding crime)
    - misuse of volatile attributes
    - creating 2 ERP5 instances on the same Zope (forbidden)
> while accessing an object or module. The object or module of course
> EXISTS, and sometimes page reloading solves the problem for a while -
> however sometimes error repeats very frequently.
> It seems that zope restarting or database packing helps for some time
> but i'm not sure - it can be just a coincidence.

It is not a solution to restart or pack.
> There is nothing in zope log (except "resource not found" message itself).
>
> It's common on rather old erp5 site, but also appeared few times on
> fresh new ERP5 installation, and this new installation wasn't used very
> hard (test only). However, both sites are on the same machine.
>
> What this error can be related to? Can anybody had similar problems?

I do not see such error on any of our client sites. I suppose that this
error is related to some customisations you made or to the use of
incompatible libraries / versions of python / zope.
> The machine has 2Gs of memory. Can this be a problem?

No.