[Erp5-dev] Categories' traslation

Bartek Gorny bartek at gorny.edu.pl
Wed Feb 4 22:20:19 CET 2009

2009/1/23 Jean-Paul Smets <jp at nexedi.com>:
> Hi,
>

> Vera Kurpas a écrit :
>> Thank you, it works.
>> I've created OOCALC file of categories tree for import them to ERP5.
>> There are 2 questions in connection with it.
>> - Can I include to the file the TranslatedTitle of the category and as a
>> result the translation would be imported combined with categories?
>>
> That would be a nice feature for "quick translation prototyping". This
> is not really how we recommend though because there is a risk that some
> parts will not be translated here and there.
>
>> - May be it's possible to get the complete file for categories import in
>> ERP5? If so i can include there Russian translation and make it public.
>>
> We have been working lately on improving the translation procedures and
> the translation quality. There is now
>    - a glossary (online)

What do you mean by "online"? There is a glossary_module in
erp5_forge, do you mean this or something else? Is it available in
some other way then the rest of ERP5?

B.

>    - a set of guidelines
>
> We can provide you access to both (online). It has helped us a lot on
> improving the French translation and not forgetting anything
> (categories, workflow states, fields, etc.)
>
> Regads,
>
> JPS.
>
>> Regards,
>> Vera Kurpas
>>
>> On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 19:56 +0100, Jean-Paul Smets wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In short: use getTranslatedTitle()
>>>
>>> For more details, please provide more details about what you want to do.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> JPS.

> --
> Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
> ERP5 Enterprise: Free / Open Source ERP for Critical Applications
> http://www.erp5.com
> ERP5 Express: Hosted Open Source ERP for small companies
> http://www.myerp5.com
> Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Free / Open Source Software
> http://www.nexedi.com

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"