[Erp5-dev] Memcached usage in selection tool

Kazuhiko Shiozaki kazuhiko at nexedi.com
Thu Aug 28 11:16:16 CEST 2008

Hello Luke,

Łukasz Nowak wrote:
>> In selection tool (portal_selections/manage_configure) it is possible to
>> use Persistent Mapping or Memcached Tool.
>
> Well - by the way I tried to run test on selection tool with Memcached
> as storage. There are some failures.
>
> Is my patch ok to be committed?

Thanks for your patch. But afterSetup() should be like the following,
because TestSelectionTool.afterSetUp() tries to set/modify some
selections, so we need to switch to memcached storage beforehand.

+  def afterSetUp(self):
+    self.portal.portal_selections.setStorage('Memcached Tool')
+    TestSelectionTool.afterSetUp(self)
+

After this change, testGetSelectionContainer fails at the following:
   self.portal_selections.getSelectionNameList()
But this it the limitation of memcache, i.e. we cannot get the keys of
the storage. So in case of memcache storage, this should be tested by
assertEquals([], ...)

Could you please modify these two, and commit it?
Thanks again.
--
Kazuhiko Shiozaki, Nexedi SA Senior Consultant
ERP5: Full Featured High End Open Source ERP