[Erp5-dev] Memcached usage in selection tool

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Thu Aug 28 10:06:56 CEST 2008

Hello,

In selection tool (portal_selections/manage_configure) it is possible to
use Persistent Mapping or Memcached Tool.

I'd like to know what is the status and advantages of using Memcached
Tool instead of Persistent Mapping. Would be memcached faster on busy
site? It will be faster/more scalable, isn't it?

I've been using it for some time, and while most things works, setting
relation by 'Set Relation' does not works (rev 23134). Correct me if I'm
wrong, but Memcached is not used in test runs for
ERP5Form/tests/testSelectionTool.py?

So - should be memcached in selection tool used on production
environment? What is its status? Alpha, beta,
ready-for-community-testing?

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.