[Erp5-dev] New BT installation option proposal

Romain Courteaud romain at nexedi.com
Wed Aug 20 15:01:59 CEST 2008

* Jérome Perrin [2008-08-20 14:44:54 +0200]:

> Le vendredi 06 juin 2008 à 16:21 +0200, Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz a écrit :
> > Hello Everybody!
> >
> > Right now when installing a BT, there are two 'after-install' options to
> > choose from: update_catalog and update_translation
> > When there are any catalog entries the update_catalog options is 'on'
> > by default.
> >
> > I was thinking about 'update_security' option. It would force
> > updateSecuritySettings on all portal_types and workflows.
> > When there are any new Role Definitions installed that option could also
> > be by default set to 'on'.
> > Without it, just like with catalog changes, the site might be
> > non-functional.
>
> Hello,
>
> For me this is a good idea.

Hello,

I have a different point of view than yours.

On the one hand, update_catalog and update_translation options don't
modify the data in the ZODB, but only their index in the catalog.

On the other hands, 'update_security' option will lead to an huge
modification in the data. In such case, I think it is better that the
site's administrator launch a script itself if he really want to do
such data migrations (update local roles, permissions, ...).

Regards,
Romain