[Erp5-dev] Upgrading Business Templates problems

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Mon Aug 4 13:57:33 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm upgrading our installation to fresh revision.

I've checked our products and business templates, and created .bt5 files from templates.

I'm using Business Template module import option to import that files.

My installation order is: erp5_mysql_innodb_catalog (cleared catalog, reindexed portal_templates
and portal_trash only), erp5_core, erp5_xhtml_style, erp5_base, and so on.

Two issues:
 * for portal category, which is existing in system, if there is new version in BT,
   its contents are deleted
 * some portal type properties, like Allowed Content Type, are deleted while installing
   new version of BT (e.g. Organisation Module do not have Organisation in allowed content
   type anymore) - re-installation of this BT doesn't helps.

As the first issue was easy to workaround (leave original), I wouldn't like to take
same approach for portal types. I've unit tested my code with freshest version of
products and BT and I'd like to use new features.

Do you have any tips or trick to share concerning system upgrade? Are you using some
kind of scripts or something? Are there any guidelines about upgrading process?

My aim is to have same result after upgrade, that I'm able to have after fresh installation,
but what I've seen (and totally accepting) upgrade from old to current version doesn't
have the same system.

The second approach I may take, is to create fresh instance and move data using import/export -  but
90% of work is done in "normal" upgrade.

Best Regards,

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.