[Erp5-dev] Questions of collaboration's (coppied from users' MailList)

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Thu Jul 31 17:03:50 CEST 2008

Vera Kurpas a écrit :
> Questions of collaboration's:
> 1. Where can we see the erp5-team plan? We will use the erp5 and we
> began to contribute to it, but we don't sure we don't make the same work
> as somebody else.

The best way is to announce "I am planning to do this". If we already
worked on it, we will tell and try to help you (unless we are very busy
with a customer for a critical application, which happens).

> 2. Why we can't see the bug report? May be other people have decision
> how to solve the problem and we have resources to do it?

The good news is that we spent 20 man days of work in July so that the
bug tracker can become public for those parts which are not
confidential. I hope it will be released very soon.

> 3. Why if we try to contribute nobody answer us ("ERP5 repository for
> Ubuntu"; "Using another character set and collation")?

Everybody is working on helping this mailing list voluntarily on their
spare time. This is usual in any other open source project, such as
firefox, where you sometimes must wait for months to get your patches
reviewed.

About the Ubuntu repository, I am interested in Luke's opinion since he
has much experience on maintaining the debian packages for ERP5.