[Erp5-dev] Planning invoice is not creating related simulations

Jérome Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Mon Jun 16 15:17:08 CEST 2008

Hello,

Le lundi 16 juin 2008 à 14:16 +0200, Łukasz Nowak a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Issue:
>  - add invoice
>  - set invoice values
>  - add invoice line
>  - set invoice line values
>  - plan invoice
>  - no simulations created
>  - touch invoice
>  - simulation created
>
> Attached test is proving this issue. Look at commented out steps,
> uncommenting them make test pass.

Thanks a lot for you effort.

> Is it a bug or feature? Is that issue tested anywhere?

To me this is a bug, and I don't think it is tested anywhere.

Delivery.updateAppliedRule is the method that initiate the simulation
process.
We have interaction workflows that call Delivery.updateApplied when
movements or delivery are modified,
delivery_movement_simulation_interaction_workflow
and delivery_simulation_interaction_workflow.
My guess is that simulation for invoices is generated in confirmed just
because there is a workflow script that sets references.

For Sale Order / Purchase Order, updateApplied is called in workflow
scripts, so I'll add such a script in accounting workflow.

> Is my test good enough to be introduced into core suite (question
> applies to tests sent recently and older, still pending w/o comments on
> mailing list, eg. Container consumption tests)? If not - what should I
> fix in test, what is wrong in test? Am I not passing conventions
> related to test?

This test is good for explaining and discussing the problem, but maybe
we should consider adding this in testInvoice (as far as I see it reuses
parts from testInvoice).

Jérome