[Erp5-dev] Deeper containers consumption

Yoshinori Okuji yo at nexedi.com
Thu Jun 12 15:15:19 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 16:14:41 Łukasz Nowak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 2008-06-11, 15:58:30
>
> Łukasz Nowak <lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On 2008-06-06, 14:18:17
> >
> > Yoshinori Okuji <yo at nexedi.com> wrote:

> > > I hardly believe that this is desired. Someone must investigate
> > > Container handling thouroughly.
> >
> > Got something.
> >
> > In movement table there is movement for both resources, which looks
> > like:
> >
> > +-------+-----------------+------------+-----------------+--------------+
> >----------+---------------------+---------------------+
> >
> > | uid   | explanation_uid | source_uid | destination_uid |
> >
> > resource_uid | quantity | start_date          | stop_date           |
> > +-------+-----------------+------------+-----------------+--------------+
> >----------+---------------------+---------------------+
> >
> > | 12901 |           12903 |       NULL |            NULL |
> >
> > 8395 |        1 | NULL                | NULL                | | 12902
> >
> > |           12903 |       5430 |            6520 |         8396
> > |        1 | 2008-06-09 00:00:00 | 2008-06-09 00:00:00 |
> >
> > +-------+-----------------+------------+-----------------+--------------+
> >----------+---------------------+---------------------+
> >
> > resource with uid 8396 is higher level (like resource A), resource
> > with uid 8396 is on lower level (like resource B).
> >
> > Am I wrong is it associated with acquisition of categories? Because
> > invking getSource[Uid] on 8396 returns proper value, and on 8395
> > returns None.
> >
> > Trying out more :)
>
> Proposed workaround:
> Add portal.getPortalContainerTypeList() to:
>   * portal_categories/source Acquisition Portal Types
>   * portal_categories/destination Acquisition Portal Types
>   * acquisition_portal_type of ERP5/PropertySheet/Task.py start_date
> property
>   * acquisition_portal_type of ERP5/PropertySheet/Task.py stop_date
> property
>
> And now all containers are in movement table.
>
> Is it acceptable solution?

Thank you for your effort. However, I don't know if this works well. Are all
values indexed correctly (especially for the inventory)? IIRC, the
computation of the amounts of resources with deep container trees was quite
complicated, so I am not sure if it is working appropriately.

For example, suppose this:

- A packing list contains two containers 1 and 2.

- Container1 delivers 5 units of Resource A.

- Container2 delivers 1 unit of Resource B, and another container Container3.

- Container3 delivers 2 units of Resource C, 3 units of Resource A, and other
containers Container4 and Container5.

- Container4 delivers 1 unit of Resource D, and 4 units of Resource A.

- Container5 delivers 3 units of Resource B, and 1 unit of Resource C.

Then, even think of packing multiple units of the same containers.

Does the Inventory API still work perfectly for all resources? I think it was
working more or less in the past, but I don't know if it is currently, as we
lack tests with complicated containers.

Regards,
YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi KK President, Nexedi SA CTO
ERP5: Full Featured High End Open Source ERP