[Erp5-dev] PredicateMatrix.py backward compatibility fix with warning proposal

Yoshinori Okuji yo at nexedi.com
Fri Jun 6 14:36:08 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 11:04:56 Łukasz Nowak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm going on risky path to upgrade our system from old 15401 revision
> to version-5.0 from tags. (BTW: Is that destination revision good
> decision?)

It is difficult to answer this question. It depends on your requirements. Bug
fixes have been made since then, as usual. But I can say that it is fairly
stable.

> And I'm trying to have only one source tree for both versions as long
> as possible, so sometimes I'm spotting incompatibilities.
>
> One of them is problem with updateMatrix from PredicateMatrix. Patch
> attached, so it is possible to use customised
> InvoiceTransactionRule_asCellRange, using old API (relative_url)
> instead of id.[1]
>
> Proposed patch attached.

It is a bad idea to catch all exceptions (i.e. except:).

Besides that, there might be an easier way to check the API. For instance, if
a relative URL is given, it should contain '/'. But I think Jérôme should
take a look, as I don't know this change well.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi CTO
ERP5: Full Featured High End Open Source ERP