[Erp5-dev] oood simple Excel files import problem

Jérome Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Tue May 20 10:20:21 CEST 2008

Le mardi 06 mai 2008 à 12:43 +0200, Łukasz Nowak a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On 2008-05-05, 11:46:32
> bartek <bartek at erp5.pl> wrote:
>
> > Łukasz Nowak wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm using oood from revision 20841.
> > >
> > > Attached file is .xls document made in OpenOffice.
> > >
> > > OpenOffice version used is 2.3 (1:2.3.0-1ubuntu5.3).
> > >
> > > While using python simple_cmdline_client.py OpenOfficeUx-2.1.0.xls
> > > I've got such problem in oood.log:
> >
> > Thanks - I'll check it later today. I think it the problem is in the
> > client, not in the oood.
>
> This problem is not appearing on clean Mandriva Linux release 2008.1
> (Official) for i586 with openoffice.org-oood-0.3.1-4nxd2008.1
>
> I'll try to figure out what's wrong.

I really suspect that the problem is with the openoffice version used.

I think the latest OOo version is selected automatically when installing
oood.

I tried oood with different openoffice versions:

Openoffice 2.4.0:
http://mail.nexedi.com/pipermail/erp5-report/2008-May/021813.html

Openoffice 2.3.1:
http://mail.nexedi.com/pipermail/erp5-report/2008-May/021844.html

2.3.1 seems to have problems converting spreadsheets. 2.4.0 works
better, but have problems converting text.
The "ERP5" test runner uses old oood with openoffice 2.1 which works
reasonably good.

Jérome