[Erp5-dev] upgrading issue

Jérome Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Mon May 19 13:32:43 CEST 2008

Le lundi 05 mai 2008 à 13:40 +0200, Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz a écrit :
> Hello, again
>
> The solution that is now working, was to change configuration in the
> SelectionTool from Persistent Mapping support to Memcached Tool.
>
> With Persistent Mapping it all went to hell, when trying to get ghost
> object, unpickler found a string instead of a class.

I've also had this problem long ago, and escaped with the same
workaround. Have you updated zope version in the same time ?
Maybe this can be related to pickles that were contained in selection
(form_pickle), but as far as I see we never had special handling for
this.

> The question that arises is:
>
> What should be supported: Persistent Mapping or Memcached Tool by the
> Selection Tool?
> My guess is that it should be Memcached Tool, but by default Persistent
> Mapping is set in Selection Tool configuration...

Persistent Mapping is the default because it does not require any
configuration. Memcached version is a must for big projects.

Jérome