[Erp5-dev] erp5admin project prefix extensions and site autoconfiguration

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Sat Apr 5 09:38:51 CEST 2008

Łukasz Nowak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There is possibility to configure erp5admin for current site.
>
> AFAIK many developers use one prefix for project - for skins,
> workflows, builders, etc.
>
> What I propose is to:
>  * create preference in erp5admin Business Template, proposed property:
> erp5admin_project_prefix (?)
>  * update autoconfiguration from browser to update list of:
>    * skins
>    * workflows
>    * ...
>  * update script in erp5admin Business Template, which will query
> current site and return dict, for project prefixed with foo:
> {
>   'portal_skin_list' : [
>     'foo_base',
>     'foo_base_patch',
>     'foo_trade',
>   ]
>   'portal_workflow_list' : [
>     'foo_packing_list_workflow',
>     'foo_accounting_workflow',
>   ],
>   'portal_orders_list' : [
>
>   ], # empty for not existing...
> # and more
> }
>
> What do you think? If acceptable I'll try to create proof of concept
> for skins.

I think it is a very good idea, but I'd also like to have an ability to
manually add some skins to the list; I often add a couple of core skins
to the admin list so that I can have a look at something.

Bartek

--
"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."