[Erp5-dev] css and js list - refactoring?

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Tue Apr 1 19:22:41 CEST 2008

Hi,

I understand the requirement and I think it is already possible to do
with existing xhtml_style because the global variables which contain the
list of CSS or JS can be updated by any component which is used in the
HTML renderer (ex. a listbox renderer).

I do not agree with the ERP5Site_getCSSList approach. We used to have
some time ago a kind of script like this in erp5_web and it was not a
really good solution because it lead to a central definition of CSS or
JS list rather than a distributed one (at the level of each component
which participates in the rendering).

I would prefer
    a- either keeping the current approach if it is possible (because it
does not require accessing yet another object in the rendering process)
    b- or implement a tool in charge of registering CSS and JSS required
for rendering a page and then return either a list of registered CSS /
JS or a minimised version of the concatenation of all CSS. Some CMS
systems use this approach to accelerate the rendering of pages by the
Web Browser.

--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
ERP5 Enterprise: Free / Open Source ERP for Critical Applications